Skip to Knowledge Base content

Update Your Personal Information (for WVU employees)


WVU employees can update their personal information (phone numbers, addresses, and emergency contacts) through MyHR. For more information, view the "Updating other personal information" section.

Note: Courtesy assignments have this tab as well; however, some of the information being pulled is not maintained in MAP and will not be viewable.

Accessing MyHR to update your phone numbers, addresses, and emergency contacts:

To make updates to your personal information, following these steps:

Note: You will not be able to access MyHR unless you are connected to WVU's network.

  1. Log into to MyAccess ( using your Login username and password.

  2. Click on the MyHR tab. If you do not see the MyHR tab and you are connected to WVU's network, click here to request MyHR help.

  3. Click Personal Information.

  4. From here, you can make changes to your phone number(s), address(es), and your emergency contact(s). Find the information you wish to change and click the Update button for that section. At this time, you cannot update the information in the Basic Details section through MyAccess. To update this information, see below.

    • Note: Fax numbers are not in MAP and therefore cannot be updated from MyAccess.

  5. Update the information and save.

  6. Please allow up to three business days for the change to be processed.

Updating other personal information:

Legal name, preferred name, home department, or title: Refer to the WVU Directory FAQ.

Marital status change: Contact Employee Processing Services (EPS) at or 304-293-3379.

Employee # or date of birth: If there is a mistake with your employee # or date of birth, contact EPS at or 304-293-3379.

Email address in Outlook and Online Directory: If your email address is listed incorrectly because it does not reflect your preferred name, go to the Update Your Preferred Name service page and click the green Update Preferred Name button to submit a request.

If your email address is listed incorrectly and the issue is unrelated to updating your preferred name, call the ITS Service Desk at 304-293-4444.

For additional information, check these categories in the Knowledge Base:

MyAccess, MyTime, MyHR

Business Management and Reporting

Need assistance? See the following related services:

MyAccess, MyTime, MyHR

Business Management and Reporting



100% helpful - 2 reviews


Fri 10/9/15 12:24 PM
Thu 1/26/17 4:33 PM