Have a question about the WVU Directory? Start with the WVU Directory FAQ below.
What information is available in the Directory?
All records for people listed in the Directory will display a person’s legal name, WVU assigned email address, and may also include a person’s preferred name along with any of the following relevant information:
- Enrolled College – College granting primary degree
- Major – Major of primary degree
- Phone – Work phone number
- Home Department – Primary employer within WVU
- Title – Primary job title
- Address – Work mailing address
My information is wrong. How do I update it?
All information in the Directory is a reflection of the MAP and STAR systems. If your information is incorrect, it is most likely incorrect in one of these systems. For more information and additional assistance, visit it.wvu.edu/help or email ITSHelp@mail.wvu.edu.
How do I remove myself from the directory?
- Employees may remove their information from the directory only with a demonstrated need and the permission of their supervisors. For more information and assistance call (304) 293-4444 or email ITSHelp@mail.wvu.edu.
Why is student information hidden?
To help protect individual privacy, student information is not visible to the general public. Students, employees, and others affiliated with the University may view student information only after they log into the Directory with their WVU credentials.
Why am I not listed in the directory?
This may occur for several reasons:
- If you are a new student or employee, it may take a few days for your information to properly show up.
- If you have requested your information be kept confidential, it will not appear.
- If you are a student and you have failed to pay a bill on time, withdrawn from the University, or Graduated, your information may be removed.
For more information, visit it.wvu.edu/help or email ITSHelp@mail.wvu.edu.
For additional information, check these categories in the Knowledge Base:
Accounts and Access
Need assistance? See the following related services:
Accounts and Access (incl. login.wvu.edu) services