Learn the DO's and DON'Ts for setting up Duo two-factor authentication. Check out our DO's and DON'Ts for Initial Setup infographic!
- Select Auto Push when you enroll for the first time because you want to able to easily add a backup device in case you forget your phone. Or, you can click Cancel on your computer screen to access the Duo Add a Device option.
- Add a land line, tablet or other secondary device in case you forget your cell phone.
- Lock / passcode protect your cell phone when not in use.
- Request a USB key device as an alternative if you are asked to enroll but don’t carry a cell phone.
- Check “Remember me for one day” when setting up your account to keep your access for 24 hours if you are working at a trusted computer.
- Use different browser windows if you alternate between test and live (production) environments during the course of a day.
- Remember to log out of a machine and close all browsers if you’re using a shared computer.
For additional information, check these categories in the Knowledge Base:
Accounts and Access
Wi-Fi and Networking
Need assistance? See the following related services:
Accounts and Access (incl. login.wvu.edu) services