Departmental Copy and Print Cards


Information Technology Services advises WVU faculty and staff to use a separate departmental card for routine copying and printing needs instead of sharing Mountaineer Cards. Departmental cards are secure, convenient and in compliance with WVU's policies.

Why should I get a departmental card?

When you let someone use your personal Mountaineer Card, it presents an opportunity for misuse and violates WVU's Acceptable Use policy. It also gives others inappropriate access to resources, including door locks to offices and classrooms, and the ability to spend Mountie Bounty. Departmental copy and print cards are the solution for faculty and staff who need to delegate those duties, including poster production.

Copy-print cards also help your department track how much it spends on copying and printing services. For departments that reimburse employees for this work, it’s a convenient resource that saves time, and reduces bureaucracy and paperwork.

How do I get a departmental card?

Complete your Internal Transfer request through Mountaineer Marketplace. You will need your invoice number and the deposit amount later when submitting your departmental copy and print card request. Once the Internal Transfer is complete, go to the Departmental Copy and Print Card service page to complete your request.


Article ID: 40081
Wed 10/4/17 1:37 PM
Mon 8/19/19 3:26 PM